Sono solar-electric car in production in a few months
The first solar car from Sono Motors in a few months will be a reality. In fact, this is a low-cost solar-electric car where, in addition to the 35kWh battery, it features 330 photovoltaic modules on its body, which are enough to provide 30 km of autonomy.
In the video that follows from YouTube channel fullchargedshow you can get a taste of the impressive argument!
Read more :
- Sono Sion solar car has received 10,000 Reservations
- Sono Motors refines the first solar electric car
- Sono Sion solar electric car now with a better view
Description from YouTube channel fullychargedshow :
When we heard Sono Motors was going to be in the Netherlands, we jumped at the chance of seeing this German company and their groundbreaking solar panel covered Sion.And Jonny got a test drive.
The video was shot last summer. A lot has happened since then. Here is an update:
- The motor will be FWD and supplied by Continental
- The connectivity module will be supplied by BOSCH, which enables carSharing and rideSharing
- The battery (35 kWh, liquid cooled) will be produced in Germany by ElringKlinger
- The Sion has a range of 250 km (255 km WLTP/ 320 km NEDC)
- We use highly efficient, monocrystalline silicon cells for the solar modules. A total of 330 cells can generate a maximum power of 1,204 watts with 24 percent efficiency. This results in up to 30 km additional range through the sun. Perfect for commuters!
- The price of the Sion is 16.000€ without battery. Battery included 25.500€. Battery rental or leasing possible.